View Single Post
Old 09-24-2013   #215
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
At most Universities the money subtracted from your monthly scholarship for your shared dorm room is at least 50% higher than your share of rent in an off campus apartment would be.

I don't know what generation you are referring to with the "Athlete's mess hall" comment, but they don't have those anymore. Football players have a "Training Table" where they can eat one meal a day (in many schools of poor quality---mystery meat and rice) but only during football season. After football season in the late fall, training table ends---no training table in the Spring, Summer, or during holiday breaks.
Even if I were of a generation of the 50s & 60s I can assure you that athlete's dining privileges have only improved over the years and any athlete at a major Div I University has no problem with access to over 4000 calories in a 14-18 hour period. Today some Major Universities also include a food debit card that can be used in University food courts. It's all part of the recruiting process.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote