View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #54
SchaubApologist
Veteran

Rep Power: 3967 SchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respectedSchaubApologist is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
Agreed. Starting field position also has a major affect on that stat.
I didn't add my posts to be an end all be all stat. I added it to remind everyone that the Texans are better on O in the red zone than the defense is, even though it appears the opposite based on the Ravens game.
If you are talking 2013 only.. That assessment is true:

Offense Red Zone TD % - 77.78%
Defense Red Zone TD % - 87.50%

But, using percentages 3 games into the season is misleading.

To get a better idea we can look at 2012:

Offense Red Zone TD % - 54.69%
Defense Red Zone TD % - 51.06%

I will not argue that either unit is playing up to their respective talent level, but the defense had a well above average game against Baltimore.

Either way.. We will see what this team is made of over the next 2 weeks.
SchaubApologist is offline   Reply With Quote