View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #41
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 59723 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
Seriously, if your offense makes it into the red zone once and scores a TD on that drive, they're 100%. If your defense allows the other team into the red zone twice and gives up 2 TDs, they're 100% the wrong way. That loss would still be on the offense moreso than the defense. You're missing the point that number of times into the red zone vs. total possessions matters as much or more than red zone percentage in many cases.
OK. Look at the totals and make up your own mind. The Texans D sux at stopping people once they are in the red zone. The Texans O is still better than the Texans D in the red zone.

To turn your argument around, it makes it much easier to know that if I can get the ball inside your 20, I'm virtually assured a TD. Go back to 2009 and look at how many games were lost due to that stat.