View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #28
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33796 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Brian Cushing "They aint gonna do it"

Is there any chance Matt Schaub will take a 40 % pay cut next off-season for the betterment of the team? He makes too much salary and is overpaid. We could use a big chunk of his salary on other needs. That would create some better cap room. I was against signing him long term in the first place.

I'm not going to lie, I was actually intrigued when Peyton Manning was a free agent and had some interest in Houston a couple off-seasons ago but as Bob McNair pointed out, we were never in the discussion because the team had faith in Matt Schaub.

Ironically, both quarterbacks were coming off serious injuries so it was a gamble to invest into both but one is elite, a Super Bowl champion and a future Hall of Famer, and the other is well, he's Matt Schaub.

All that being said, I'm trying my best to support Schaub. He's a great guy off the field and does wonderful work in the community. I guess things could be worse. Prior to the 2007 season we did have David Carr at quarterback. So Matt Schaub is way better by default.