View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #39
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 291737 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: The real problem is.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf6151 View Post
In the 2nd video watch Derek Newton get off the ground at the very end, he can't bend his right knee. An OT can't play when he's got bad knees. Why is he on the field?
We've got 3 OTs on the roster. Brown (toe), Newton (knee), Harris

We drafted Brennan Williams in the third as insurance in case Newton couldn't get back to his pre injury form. We also drafted David Quesenberry for future development.

Brennan started having knee issues of his own pretty early in the offseason. There was probably some misdiagnosis going on, but the end result is that his knee never got right... we put him on IR.

Q was showing some promise, could play tackle, but I think they thought he would be closer to seeing the field at tackle. He took most of his snaps at tackle. He broke his foot in practice less than a week before opening day. We put him on IR.

They tried to load the roster with people who might be an upgrade at OT, it just didn't work out for us. They didn't bring in a vet, because they had Harris. They weren't going to bring anyone in better than Harris because we don't have the money for it & we don't know how good Harris is. He was a bright spot on Denver's OL before he had injuries of his own..... back I think. He was fairly healthy last season, I think he's 100% this year. Brown's our LT & they want Newton to be our RT, so I don't know that Harris can't play.

He's not a franchise LT, I'm sure he won't play like one. But if Newton continues to struggle I wouldn't be surprised if they slide him over to the right side when Duane comes back.