View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #80
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 36493 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How improve offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I think the problem with that school of thought is that we think (or at least the team does) we have a shot at a deep playoff run and possibly a super bowl appearance.

If the team didn't have those lofty goals , I could see a QB change ... but under the current circumstances , I just don't see it happening without an injury to Schaub.
All bets are off if they end up 2-5 or 3-6 with Schaub being the reason the team struggles.

When we do make a change at QB ... do we expect the same results as Luck & RG3 as rookies ? I think that's unrealistic ....
With many parts of the team aging , we could have to wait a couple years for another playoff experience as Manning , Reed , Ninja , Wade Smith , AJ and J.Jo are all at the back end of their careers .....

As it stands now , we're stuck with Schaub until its proven this isn't a playoff team.
How has that idea worked out for the Texans? How did that idea work out for the 49'ers last season?

I simply don't think Schaub has what it takes to get us anywhere near deep in the playoffs. His performances this year are so erratic that we might as well have a 3rd year QB with some athletic upside and real game experience a decent shot.