View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #78
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 183481 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How improve offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBar View Post
I've read a few posts about Yates and Keenum not being ready. Both put on a show in the preseason that says they're ready. If you think Schaub was "ready" in 2007, why isn't Yates in 2013, with one less year in the league and more starts, including 2 playoff starts? Schaubs career accuracy % is 3.2% better than Yates'. I'm anxious to see what Yates has to offer. His mobility has to be at least 4% better than Schaub's and that can be just as important, if not more so.

I'd trust Yates and Keenum just as much as I'd trust Schaub right now. At least I'd be holding my breath because I was wondering what would happen instead of holding because of what I was expecting to happen.

I'm all for giving the kids a shot and seeing if we truly do need to draft a highly ranked college QB. We know what we have in Schaub and he ain't cutting it.
I think the problem with that school of thought is that we think (or at least the team does) we have a shot at a deep playoff run and possibly a super bowl appearance.

If the team didn't have those lofty goals , I could see a QB change ... but under the current circumstances , I just don't see it happening without an injury to Schaub.
All bets are off if they end up 2-5 or 3-6 with Schaub being the reason the team struggles.

When we do make a change at QB ... do we expect the same results as Luck & RG3 as rookies ? I think that's unrealistic ....
With many parts of the team aging , we could have to wait a couple years for another playoff experience as Manning , Reed , Ninja , Wade Smith , AJ and J.Jo are all at the back end of their careers .....

As it stands now , we're stuck with Schaub until its proven this isn't a playoff team.

Hope is a poor mans disease.
Corrosion is online now   Reply With Quote