View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #72
gafftop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9350 gafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respectedgafftop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How improve offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetx View Post
It's not as much about the system as it is the mentality I am thinking about with what we currently have available. I don't think Yates nor Keenum are ready yet but if Schaub doesn't right the ship with these int's and some of the ball placement we may need to find out sooner rather than later. But yeah the system isn't an issue. Just looking at it from a different angle than mere mechanics.

The mentality this offense has is too much of a wait and react instead of attacking. Just would worry that Kubes will get too involved if it is his own system. Only time he really let go was one season with baby Shanny who used it to attack. Doesn't seem he is going to do with that with Dennison. It's like the offense takes on the mindset of Kubiak and not sure that is a good thing.

One example of this is when asked about not throwing in the endzone Schaub said something of the like 'They didn't give it to us.' (per Jerome Solomon)Huh? You're playing into the defenses hands with that mentality. You have to make them react to you but we did the opposite.

So yeah I agree a more flexible QB would be great just not sure the young guns are ready.
I agree with all you said. I think the other thing about changing the QB is you get a new attitude, not the current mindset. Really think Ms is a beat old dog.
The young guns may not be ready but neither is Ms. Hopefully the young guns will go up while it sure seems Ms is going down.
gafftop is offline   Reply With Quote