View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #62
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 86297 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
The team had a piss poor performance yesterday, and a lot of the stuff we saw we've seen to many times already.
They stunk it up yesterday. No doubt! However, what fan base doesn't see a pattern in their team's losses? Each team has a weakness, or limitation, or a strength that it depends on... when those get exposed, that's when losses happen.

I am more optimistic about this team than I have been for any Texan team three weeks into the season. I agree that they haven't played particularly well. Still, I see dramatic improvement in talent and mindset in all the areas we have recently struggled in. For example:

1. Schaub: He has made a couple horrible and costly throws. However, he looks more nimble and confident in the pocket than I remember him. Also, he is taking hits much better. I'm not sure why, but he is a different player physically this year.

2. Special Teams: Despite the field goal fiasco in week two and the punt return, the addition of Lechler and Bullock has dramatically flipped field position... We are starting drives (without collecting turnovers) near the 40 yard line, while regularly pinning our opponents inside the 20.

3. Playmakers on offense: a healthy Tate, Hopkins, Posey, and Martin have all shown NFL playmaking ability and the combination of depth and talent allow for many options in many situations.

4. LBs: Cushing's return (though he's still not himself), plus the addition of Mays and Sharpton have altered the ILB position- making it much more athletic.

5. Mercilus: is showing a lot of positive signs!

6. DLINE: depth and talent even better than last year with Jamison's return, Mitchell's growth, and the addition of the Jacksonville guy (McClain?)

7. Safety play: Swearinger is going to be good and is already an asset. Reed will add a dimension to the defense we have never had... Heck, even Keo has played well.

8. Brandon Brooks: is a beast! Wow! Remarkable upgrade at guard from last season.

*** Other than an unfortunate rash of injuries, the only real concern I have on the team is RT. I honestly believe the Texans will enter January as the prohibitive favorite in the AFC, barring a rash of significant injuries.