View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #60
tedr
Veteran

Rep Power: 3444 tedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respectedtedr is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: How improve offense?

I've looked at these possible responses, and the ones that jump out are changing the QB and head coach.

I've always liked both of them. As people go, they are two of the best, it seems...but that doesn't mean they are what we need.

I know it's hard to argue with the regular season results the last two years (I think that can be attributed in great part to the defense), but when you look at their body of work here, this is what you get:

8th year for the head coach
7th year for the starting qb
2 playoff victories
No trips to a conference championship game

Perhaps there are some other HC-QB combos who have had this little success, but to me, that's just not good enough.

I know three years ago, we would have killed for any sniff of the playoffs-now we want more. I think that's good as a fan base to want that.

The basic question is- can this combination take us any further than we've gone? I wasn't sure before yesterday; now, seeing how both were exposed in an ugly way, I'm leaning toward saying they can't.

This might be knee-jerk; they might come out Sunday and beat the Seahawks- I doubt it, but it might happen. I just think if you look at things honestly, at least one of the two needs to change, preferably both. Just my thoughts.
tedr is offline   Reply With Quote