View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #174
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 150172 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Show me where it will cost zero cap $$$$ in 2014 to cut Schaub. I've seen people post this, but according to what I've read on Spotrac this doesn't appear to be the case.
Sport trac is linking this page there's no dead money, no cap hit for cutting Matt before the 2014 season. Rick Smith & whatever his name is did a great job on Schaub's contract when you consider Sanchez is getting paid as much to watch Geno Smith from his living room. Tony Romo, Matt Ryan, & Joe Flacco are $100M dollar men.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Since Gary is HC of the Houston Texans for life. I'm OK with resetting the clock. Who says they wil go 8-8? T.J/Case could come in and play better than Schaub. It wouldn't take much.
I said worse case scenario. I'm sure those guys will look great when everything is working. But how are they going to react to being a starting QB in the NFL. It's not as easy as Matt makes it look.

I want nothing more than for us to find a QB that can win us a Super Bowl. I don't care if his name is Matt, Taylor, or Case..... I'd be fine moving on from Matt Schaub, but I don't think that's where we're at right now.