View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #43
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 323680 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: How improve offense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
I get why you'd throw the ball in front of the sticks or just short of the end zone at times. The defense is usually giving you that space and if your guy can catch it and make a play it can work out nicely.

But Schaub doesn't throw the ball well enough for that. A lot of his throws are late with little velocity. Look at the throw to Andre yesterday. He bobbled it, but it was not a good throw at all. Ball should have been out in front if him, thrown quicker so he could catch it and quickly turn up field to beast for the first down.

We can't consistently be a good team if we have to constantly fight to make up for the shortcomings of the qb. That should be reversed. The qb should be mostly making up for shortcomings of others.
msr.... I agree with everything you're saying, except the shortcomings of Schaub. He's doing that on purpose. It's difficult to grasp, because it just doesn't make sense, but after watching it for years & listening to him... he's doing it on purpose. At least he believes he'd doing it on purpose.

This isn't something that just started happening since the Lisfranc, he's done it since he got here. Then every time you think he's going to pick & choose when he'll lead & when he'll throw it behind better, something bad happens. Like the ball when he tried to lead OD.

Instead of thinking, "I led him a little too much." It's like he says, "That'll never work."