View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #163
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 209602 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I don't understand the whole, "it's better that we start slow" nonsense. Sure, you'd like to get better over the course of the season, but the team doesn't need to play poorly in the beginning of the season for that to happen.
I believe the mature teams, with mature offenses should be able to start strong as the year begins & continue throughout the year getting better as they work in new players & new tweaks to their scheme.

We saw the mature Texans start strong last year, while everyone else was learning to gel. It fell apart at the end, just too many injuries.... Schaub, Sharpton never got right, Newton played hurt from week 13 I think, it wasn't just Sharpton but we had a carousel of ILBs going on there... had to sign guys off the street. Glover was playing hurt since Detroit I think.... it all just kept adding up & we never really found our groove.

This year I don't know what's going on. Andre, OD, Matt, Arian, Brown, Myers..... that should be enough offense to keep us in most games, but it "looks" anemic when you get down to the nutt cutting. DeAndre looks like a bright spot... & the only thing "really" hurting us are some bad decisions by the HC & the QB.