View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 244045 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Ok everyone just calm down....

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllisUnit View Post
We started the season red hot last year, we were blowing teams away. Then came the end of the season where we lost 3 out of 4, barely scrapped by the bengals in the play-offs.
Them Bengals are playing good ball right now. They eeked out a good one against Green Bay yesterday.

Quote:
We are not playing very good football right now, everyone can see that and yet after 3 games we are still 2-1. Would you rather hit your peak at the start of the season or gain momentum towards the middle/end of the season. Every season the texans lay a big fat goose egg atleast once that makes you say WTF, yesterday was just that.
I think I can understand some of the poor outlook a lot of us have. We started out red hot last year, despite glaring problems that did not get fixed as the season went on. We continued to win in spite of those problems, until they caught up with us in December.

Right now, it's hard to see any good will being built to allow for the fall in December & there's little reason to believe the powers that be have what it takes to right the ship.

Quote:
On the bright side this is not an 8-8 team at best like another thread states. Foster is looking like the old foster again, Watt is still watt, Cushing is playing like a mad man, Our Defense really isnt playing to terrible besides a few big plays. Its really the offense thats making life difficult for them. Reed finally played he got his feet wet and will only get better, which will make the whole secondary better. And despite what we saw yesterday our offense is pretty damn good.
That's another thing. It's not the offense. When we needed to, we've been able to march the ball down the field with relative ease. The problem, is that we don't play like that until we "need" to.

We should want to get down the field & score on every possession. You'd think the players & coaches know that, but at a very high level (even a layman can see it) there is a distinct difference between when we need to & when we want to. The Texans need to find a way to close that gap.

Quote:
We all wait for the games all week long, we all have expectations so it is no surprise we go out and play bad on Sunday and before you know it we are the new browns to a lot of our fans. Emotions are a funny thing, make you say and think stuff that is clearly not true. And those who are now saying this is a bad team, that is simply not true. We'll be fine !!!
I admire your support of your team. We need more like you. But is that the "fan" talking? Honest question, have you ever seen this team play better at the end of the season than it did at the beginning? Not beating up on the weaker teams at the end of the schedule, or winning games the other team couldn't care less about? I mean actually playing better football... the eyeball test.

It's been a long time since I've actually seen them play better in December than they did in September. I believe most of us know it, even though we're saying it in different ways, that's what upsets us.