View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #27
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 131162 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I thought it was clear...

Reed can set the edge but we get zero pass rush outta him. Put him inside next year. It's unfortunate plan b and c failed at right tackle (q and b williams) because Newton is jag. Schaub wasn't miserable today but he was behind on a lot of throws limiting yac opportunities. Dude really needs a clean pocket and rhythm to play well and he's not getting either. Penalties were embarrassing. I really dont give a damn if the birds had a bunch to...that's on the coaching staff.

Im not to upset with the d. 14 points off an int and special teams isn't their fault. I will say cush looks good moving forward or backwards but his lateral movement is not what it was and i've seen some embarassing moments recently. Regardless, we're not going to win many games off 9 points. Pretty sad kubes. Other guys I want to see upgraded (excluding the obvious ol and olb problems) are brice mccain and kmart. McCain is the guy i'd target all day as long as he's on the field. Kmart provides zero yac potential and i'd like someone with honest big play potential in the slot. It's unfortunate he gets so much more playing time then posey (no, I didnt forget about his injury so skip it.)

Consider what happens when we try to throw deep:

A. Schaub underthrows the ball
B. Schaub doesn't have time due to a leaky ol
C. Every deep ball looks contested (aj and dhop do a good job of fighting like hell for the ball in the air, but do you ever see them flat out run someone?)
D. When we do have someone wide open it's a scheme/blown assignment on say a play fake...it's not "our talent beat your talent."

Don't mean to harp on the deep ball because it's not even our biggest problem...it just contributes to our run game issues which defenses seem to be figuring out. They play sound gap discipline and use the sideline as a 12th defender. Foster HAS lost a step...or at least he's not in season form because of the preseason lay off.

2 yard stretch plays and 3-4 yard curl routes aren't gonna get it done. To top it off we go comatose in the redzone. We absolutely dominated the first quarter. Field position. Yards. Time of possession. None of that means **** with penalties, turnovers, special team scores, and Randy Bullock as your primary scoring option. Pretty pathetic for 3 quarters today.

My 3 game mvp is Lechler.