View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #13
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 85795 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Susceptible to being hurdled.

There seems to be a complete lack of coaching on tackling. All I see are big hits aimed at the head or feet and trying to strip the ball while the ball carrier keeps racking up yards after contact. I was taught to place your head on the directional side (the direction the ball carrier is running) and tackle through the ball carrier (like he was a few yards away from you) and wrapping up to secure the tackle. In my playing days, I was shook off a few times for tackling too high but I never whiffed on a tackle.

If players would quit looking for the ESPN highlight and just make the tackle, there would be a lot fewer injuries.
DocBar is offline   Reply With Quote