View Single Post
Old 09-23-2013   #44
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 107641 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns want Ben Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Teams can wait for him to go RFA and hope they get him or they can guarantee they get him with a trade.
Again, can you think of a team with playoff expectations that's willing to part with a draft pick? Trades just aren't that common anymore and I'd rather see the Texans keep him for the season rather than trade him for a 4-7 pick. Tate is more valuable to the team now than any draft pick from those rounds are likely to be. Using him and abusing him this season and letting him walk in the offseason is my choice unless a team outside our division offers a 3rd or better. I'm personally against trading within the division unless it's with Jax. We all know their draft picks will be high in the round.