View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #42
CloakNNNdagger
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 172049 CloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respectedCloakNNNdagger is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OK, I'm starting to panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
So it is likely the lingering effects of the injury? How can that get better?

OK, I'm starting to panic. For real.
I do believe that we are seeing lingering effects of his Lisfranc. As I've tried so many times before to explain, this is not the type of injury that you necessarily would expect re-injury. It is an injury that many times manifests itself as a slowly progressive course of tenderness and aching, not atypically including a degenerative arthritis component. Rest tends to help temporarily, but as soon as repeated stresses are placed on the foot again, the negative effects on performance tend to return and continue, much like an elbow tendonitis problem in a tennis player. Unfortunately, unlike the knee which can be better supported and stabilized by strengthening the large hamstring and quad muscles, there are virtually no muscles of significant size in the foot that can be strengthened enough to effictively improve the support and stability of the Lisfranc joint that must carry the burden of a moving 6'5" 240 pound person.
CloakNNNdagger is offline   Reply With Quote