View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #145
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56086 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
Your not always going to get your first choice and you have to fire your guy before you find out who you get. I liked Harbaugh too. So did everyone and he got to basically choose where he wanted to coach. You got to have a second choice or maybe you would of stuck with Kubiak as well?
Not everyone liked Harbaugh. In fact there were more who did not care for him. Many thought he was just another college coach w/ limited experience who would turnout like Petrino or Saban when he was with Miami. I received a lot of negative feedback each time I brought up Harbaugh's name.

There are back channels, an owner can negotiate with a coach's agent without any public awareness and then go through the formalities once a deal is done. If you get your guy GREAT, if not, no harm no foul.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote