View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #138
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 45895 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
I would of loved Harbaugh in 2011. We were not getting him so who was your second choice. I don't think Kubiak is the best coach in the league and I think his system is getting kinda dated. But I do think he is above average and I think if we get rid of him odds are not great that we would get someone better. I don't want a change just to change. We are a winning and I sure don't want to go back to losing. We keep getting into the playoff's we just might win the big one.

I'll stick with our GM. I think he is one of the top guys in the league.
I didn't have a 2nd choice, I don't believe in changing coaches for sake of change, only if there is a better alternative, Harbaugh was and so is David Shaw. Kubiak's decision to hire Frank Bush w/o interviewing one of several successful DC available told me Kubiak commitment to friends exceeded his commitment to excellence. IMHO Kubiak coaches soft. Some of Kubiak's success has come at the expense of Peyton Manning's broken neck and Jeff Fisher's departure from Tenn. Today those teams are much much better, and getting better every year. They have lots of money and no real salary cap problems.

Rick Smith is a GM in the mold of Scott Pioli. When Scott was in New England not Kansas City. Like the way Pioli was Belichick right hand man Rick Smith is Kubiak's right hand man. Kubiak has full control and final say on the 53 man roster, it's in his contract.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote