View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #137
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
I know you are talking to Lucky, but I will take a crack at that.

First thing I do is bench Matt Schaub. We know what he is capable of and it is just not enough with this current roster. I put in either Yates or Keenum and see what kind of NFL gamers they are. Second, I go to rock Smith's office and I start talking about acquiring a RT via trade. That's probably a long shot, but I would want to atleast have that conversation. Third, I try to figure out what schematic changes can be made to the defense that will help us better stop elite passing teams, as the problem appear to be more scheme-related than player-based.

Changing the QB is essential. I can't imagine the players have a lot of confidence in Schaub and a change of leadership alone may provide a much needed spark. Additionally, Schaub's play is just not good enough and it's progressively getting worse.
I think the defense is running more zone this year(just from listening to the announcers). As for Schaub I still think he is the best guy we have on the roster. I don't think our future qb is on the team. Hopefully I'm wrong about that. Trades don't seem to happen much in the NFL but I'm all for trying our o-line is playing pretty bad.

Right now I wouldn't do much of anything. I'm not going to blow up the team after 1 loss. Ask me in a couple of weeks and I might change my tune. I wouldn't wait till we are 2 and 6 to do something.