View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #135
Lucky

Rep Power: 149994 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
What change would you make?
The biggest problem I see now is that defenses view Schaub as a sitting duck. So, the first change I would make is going with a more traditional WCO. Short passes on early downs with the backs in pass routes further downfield. That would ease the blitzes that Schaub now has trouble with. It would also allow Foster and Tate to get into the open field more.

If that doesn't work, and Schaub still can't avoid mistakes, I put in Yates. Yates has had problems with mistakes in the past, clearly. But, he can at least move in the pocket and avoid the rush. That's killing this team. A more mobile QB would put the PA bootleg back in the game plan.