View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #120
deucetx
All Pro

Rep Power: 28119 deucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respecteddeucetx is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: This is an 8-8 or worse Texan team

Quote:
Originally Posted by utahmark View Post
And a lot of people outside this board would say Houston is 2 and 1 and we just lost to the defending champions on their field. It's way to early for all this doom and gloom.
I don't believe we'll fall to 8-8 but I do think there is a chance we may not win this division and instead will have to fight for the wild card. Or said simply the division crown may not be a certain matter like the previous two years.

But in any case, I still understand the point others are making. Why shouldn't they be concerned? You point out the 49ers board but what does that have to do with what is happening with this time. They have seen their time rise higher before. They have seem basically the same personnel go to another level. What have we seen?

We can try to ignore last year but the problem with this team toward the end of the year last season is still plaguing them coming into this season. They can not play a complete game for whatever reason. That is something to be concerned about. The inconsistency in the redzone has been an issue for how long exactly? How about the issue of slow starts? So yes, folks have reason to be concerned because they are seeing the same issues they saw previously that held this team back.

On top of this what improvement are we seeing in one of our biggest issues last year in that offensive line? Newton has not shown any progress and Wade Smith is....Wade Smith. Maybe he's playing hurt but in the end that matters little since he's on the field and is expected to produce. Three straight games this line was beaten one way or another.

So again...yeah. They have reason to be concerned. And outside this board not all folks are screaming praise or that we're 2-1. They noticed the previous two games weren't pretty either. As posted in a sports group I'm in:

Are the Texans frauds or what? That showing has to be the most pathetic of all today.

Granted he retracted that statement when considering the Giants got completely dominated.
deucetx is offline   Reply With Quote