View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #8
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 107220 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: OK, I'm starting to panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Yes people would be upset if we had blown the doors off the first three games.

Lmao.

Where do you come up with this stuff.

Folks would be cautiously optimistic. Some would be ecstatic. No one would be upset because we "peaked too early". That's an absolutely ridiculous take.
Yeah, you're right. My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostform View Post
To me it seems like this team has hit its peak to early in the season and is coming off that peak and is now slumping into the playoffs. Blame injuries or whatever but at this rate this is a one and done team.

Im not even sure homefield adv. would even matter right now cuz we just got spanked by the vikings in Reliant. Kubiak and co. better step up their game this Sunday and show us something, because we are looking like an all hype and no substance team.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Before the season had started I theorized that the Texans would hit their stride by the 13th or 14th game ideally. You don't want to peak too early in the season and then limp into the playoffs. The last couple of Super Bowls have shown us that the team that gets into the playoffs hot experiences success. Unfortunately, my feeling is that this team may have peaked early in the season even though it didn't look like it because of the blowout victories. We're being found out right now and I wonder if Kubiak has what it takes to overcome these deficiencies. The defensive penalties and blown coverages are alarming and Schaub's play has been shaky over the past 2 weeks. Even the pass protection has been average imo. I think one of the best things to happen in this game was the last 3 mins where Arian found gaping holes and the offense looked like it finally found its rhythm. Winning the division was great today and a nice accomplishment, but from what I've seen over the past few weeks I don't think this team is capable of making a deep playoff run unless the team plays better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Schaub has been money thus far, so I won't say a word about the pass game. I think the run game averaging less than 4 yards a carry is the biggest "problem" right now. There hasn't been much to bicker about when it comes to throwing the ball, but running the football is not top notch currently.

As the season wears on, the run game will get better, and the offense will kill ever more. This is why good teams don't peak in October.
Or maybe.... Oh yeah, I remember having the discussions last year and the year before that and the year before that...

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote