View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #678
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29411 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Houston Texans @ Baltimore Ravens. Noon. 9/22. CBS. **Official GameDay Thread**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
No he doesn't have the tools to create a perfect environment for the QB.

How about making a play or two when an oline men gives up some pressure.

I've watched a lot of games, and I've seen plenty Olines give up pressure. I've seen guys get free shots only to have the qb make a quick read or get out of the way to buy some time.

When Schaub gets pressured I'm expecting 1) fetal position 2) MAYBE he evades only to chunk it out of bounds

This is the same guy that threw the ball out of bounds when no one was close to him last year in a road play off game. That tells me all I need to know about him when he gets pressure. He loses his senses and goes into survival mode. The last thing he's thinking is this is an opportunity to gash the defense.
This is why I say u cant win a superbowl or even get to one with schaub. At some point, the qb has to make 5 plays that define the game. We've seen qbs do it when there wasnt a reason. We've seen rodger,big ben,and eli win with 0 running game and shoddy olines. In this day and age with the cap, u can only hide a qb so much or for so long. Kubiak has to hide the qb or overcome his lim7tations. We've seen qbs make wrs better. We've seen them make the line look beeter. The days of trent dilfer winning a superbowl is over. Unless u have a stacked team and somehow u get a rook or a 2nd yr guy playing at an all pro level befor3 u have to pay him. Its not that hard to see to those who open their eyes. The defense held ravens to 65yds of offense in the 1st half. If the top qbs get that kind of defense,that game is over in the morning 1st half.