View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #16
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 24956 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What will it take for the Texans to...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
They're a package deal I'm convinced. Kubiak doesn't want a Wilson or a Kaepernick here. He doesn't even want an Andrew Luck. He wants a robot who will "execute the play as it is designed" and who will "throw it away and take no chances if it didn't go as planned". Kubiak doesn't want a player who can create anything on his own because that's not part of the system and the system is pretty much how Kubiak's "magic" works.

Nothing's changing though so there's no sense getting wound up over it. The Texans aren't going to be going after a QB unless Schaub gets decapitated out there and even then I doubt he'll look for someone we'd get excited about. He'll find another plodding goober who takes orders and doesn't do anything unexpected.

I cut out in the 3rd quarter when it became clear that this was one of those games where Gary's system doesn't work because the other coach is smart too and the other team isn't going to get all confused and **** the bed. See, the good teams, the well coached teams don't do that even when penalties are raining down on them and nothing is going their way.

Baltimore has our number unless they're the walking dead like they were last year and when things get tough they get it together and keep working. We seem to breed a different kind of team here in Houston.

It's sad really. Lots of wasted careers and years out there playing for this chump and his trained chimp QB. This feels to me a lot like that 6-10 season the Texans coughed up a few years ago. We're in for a lot of this for a long time. We know McNair will put up with bad for about four years. Who knows how long he'll be good with one-and-done playoff appearances and being thought of as a contender? Gary could be here another 10 years pulling that ****.
Agree
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote