View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #19
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 55166 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Browns want Ben Tate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I keep Arian and trade Tate. We draft another next year and start over. I seem to be alone in thinking that Tate has nowhere near the kind of elusiveness and vision that Foster shows.

Wood could step into Tate's shoes right now and he wouldn't be that big a drop off. Besides we seem to be casting off pieces due to salary cap issues left and right. A team doing that is going to need to replace those pieces with less expensive draft picks in order to keep up. Time to part with Tate and fill another need.
But you have to have a partner to make a trade. Why would anyone trade for Tate when they know they can have him as an RFA in the offseason? What team do you see out there with playoff expectations that would trade for Tate? I can't think of one off the top of my head.