View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #204
Cerberus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 100585 Cerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respectedCerberus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc_txtech View Post
I hear ya. If true, he probably just didn't want to live in a dorm.
I went to school where Arian went to school, though I was there back in the days with Reggie White. Anyway, the "jock dorm" and cafeteria was fantastic according to a couple of my wrestler friends who lived there at the time. The athletes were offered a buffet style meal, which often included lobster, prime rib, rib eye steaks, etc., and was available to all athletes whether they were on the football team or tennis team. It used to piss off the rest of us who ate the slop UT fed the rest of us students who actually were flipping the bill.

As for money on the side, I have a friend who used to play OT for Wake Forest back when the Baldinger brothers played there. He used to talk about how after the games and such the alumni would walk up and shake their hands, with $100 bills in their palms, and tell them "good game". It is not uncommon for the athletes to get a little extra cash on the side.