View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #199
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambert View Post
"Edit: In regard to the Pell Grant, yes a lot of them were getting it, and a lot of them were sending money back home from it. Some people just come from really crappy situations and its hard to say whats going on in their lives. I don't pretend to have the answers, but I know its just not as easy as some are trying to make it."

And that's a good point. Some players send the whole Pell grant check back to help the folks at home. I know there is at least one current Texan player who did that.

If you are truely a fan and love the game and the players, and are not just going to the games as a spectator would to the Colosium in Rome, you gotta be in favor of making a "Full scholarship" at least a Full scholarship.

No way should they be able to have that kind of access to their money to be able to do stuff like this. They at least need to put restrictions on how much access athletes have to that money. but Again, the athletes put themselves in that situation.

Apart from that, Who cares what the big football powers would like...the rule would be in place to protect the kid not the university. It would also force them to get their **** together.

For instance, if your're gonna recruit kids from the hood who come from bad situations, you as the university better make damn sure you monitor them carefully and create a support system around them so that they're not putting themselves in bad situations and keeping themselves out of trouble.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote