View Single Post
Old 09-22-2013   #195
Lambert
Veteran

Rep Power: 8288 Lambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respectedLambert is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
See, this is why i have a problem with paying athletes.

Yes, i know it's a great opportunity to be able to play for that big state university with great Traditioni in front of 75,000 - 100, 000 people. But if you've got to go more than 1 state or 6 hours away drive time to play for them and you know your family won't be able to help you pay for seen and unforseen expenses...you probably need to rule those schools out when deciding where to attend.

All your post really does is highlight how important it is for these kids to stay as close as possible to whatever kind of support systems they have. When school is out, go home and stay with your parents....eat and get shelter for free instead of having to worry about how you're gonna feed & clothe yourself when your scholarship / pell grant money runs out and possibly putting youself in a bad situation by accepting monetary gifts. Most of these guys have that option....i'm sure arian had that option....yet he chose to hop 10 states away from san diego to tennessee & put himself into a situation he wasnt really prepared for.

The other thing that people arent considering when deciding to pay these guys is how much more the door gets opened to bribing these athletes to throw games...
See the case of art schlicter.

OK, so let's have a NCAA rule that doesn't let kids accept a schollie from a school that is more than 100 miles from his home town. You think the big football powers would like this?

See: APU
Lambert is offline   Reply With Quote