View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #79
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80468 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kaepernick or Wilson were a Texan would they be the starting QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
You were not forced to enter the thread.

It's an interesting topic and subject considering the fact that a lot of people believe that neither would be starting over Schaub. It brings up the question of how long of a leash will Schaub ultimately have and at what consequences? Maybe you think Schaub can lead us to a SB. I don't think it's impossible, but I think we'd have to win in spite of Schaub as opposed to it being because of him. I like Schaub and have defended him here and there over the last two seasons, but I can't for the life of me at this point feel like he can make big play after big play that I see SB winning QB's make on their entire run to the SB. I'd love to be wrong, but I I've seen enough to have a conclusive opinion on this matter. I just wonder how long it takes before Kubiak allows others to compete for the job.
I agree, i cant see him willing us single-handedly to the super bowl....that kind of stuff is reserved for the elite and i think everyone agrees he's not elite, despite what Solomon Wilcots may think..

what i dont understand however is why does it have to be one or the other in regards to the bolded in your post with most fans? Why does everyone think its so far fetched for him to get us to a super bowl by simply pulling his own weight, relying on the rest of his team to handle their business while he makes his share of plays here and there when he's called upon? This is something i can easily see him being able to do b/c if for no other reason, this is how we're built as a team; we simply dont ask our Qb to do alot. Furthermore we're not going to get to a super bowl anyway if every faucet of this team isn't on point anyway.

Noone has a problem with our run 1st philosophy where we dont rely on the qb to do too much.....until it fails, then everyone expects Schaub to come in and save the day...each time he fails, they put the blame solely on him instead of looking at the reasons why we had to depart from our philosophy in the 1st place. The reality of it is is that super bowls largely are won by those teams who can best stay within their philosophy. And when we're clicking on all cylinders, we're we're running the ball well and eating clock....that doesnt require a whole lot from Schaub. All i'm really saying is that you cant really blame a guy for coming up short sometimes when he's forced to perform in a manner that he's not normally asked to perform.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote