View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #183
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72926 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentassassin View Post
I'm not going to defend the current model, but it blows my mind that this point is glossed over in every argument for paying the players.
Yeah, it's not like an education isn't worth at least $25,000 dollars to a major University when it is all said and done. And I'm low balling that figure pretty hard.

Shoot, if I had a degree right now I can promise you that I'd be making a lot more money and have a lot more opportunities. It's my fault that I don't have one, but I didn't have parents who would pay for an entire semester again and again for several years. People forget what a degree can and a big name as an ex college athlete can do for you in this country. For example, how many companies do you think would probably hire Vince YOung in Austin or in HOuston if VY gets a diploma from Texas? I can guarantee you that it probably would take him that long to get a nice cozy desk job somewhere that would pay him at least $75K which is nice money in any city in Texas. People tend to forget that kind of thing and how valuable that is for some ex athlete who has no job experience doing anything else.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote