View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #35
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Why aren't we trying to find a kicker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
One game for a guy that has proven nothing and is a rookie or 2nd year player that cost the team 9 points and missed 3 out of 4 FG's at the end of a game. Yes, that is what I am basing this on. That game was the equivalent to 3 or 4 bad games as far as I'm concerned.

I'm not saying we have to replace him, but we should be at least working with other guys and trying them out. YOu don't think that competition could help this guy at least if we ended up keeping him out of everyone that competed? It would at least send the message that Kubiak isn't messing around and will replace guys if they aren't up to task. If Kubiak held some tryouts and still wanted our current guy, then I'd be alright with it for this season at least since he at least tried to see what else was out there to. If you look for better options, and end up having to use the best out of all the options and he was that guy then so be it. But simply blowing it off and and acting like this problem can't potentially cost us a playoff spot or something like that with a loss from a kick or two would be ignoring history that could repeat itself.
Yes, you can definitely put me in the blow it off camp right now. Not even on my radar of concern, because one game does not make an ENTIRE CAREER for me.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote