View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #27
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 101723 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: To UT fans only..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookem Horns View Post
Mack sucks, Johnny Manziel and now apparently Jameis Winston both came knocking and Mack turned them both away for what? This crap we have right now at QB? Dude is toast, time to turn the page.

No, I can't see this. Can you really picture a hard nose New Jersey guy being the head coach of the Horns? No way. I know the Civil War is over and all, however Schiano carries all of those old "Yankee" sterotypes that most Texans can't relate to. There is no way Texas kids would relate to this guy.

As one that follows the Bucs and was at the game last Sunday, I still don't know what to think of the guy. I like hard ass types like Parcells and Coughlin, and Schiano is in the mold. However I think he needs to tone it down or he will be gone from here very soon.
Schiano isn't going to make it in Tampa. He is already having the same problems that Saban had where he is to strict on NFL players and it isn't working for him. He will be back in college football in no time, and he'll be a great hire for any team. I'd like it to be the Horns. I hear what you're saying though about his NJ personality. You might be right, and I think the Texas alums that like to interact with the HC would dislike the guy the most where it could be a problem that kept him from being a top candidate.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote