View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #180
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88648 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

The arguments that I continue to hear about paying college athletes are so silly to me that I can just as easily make the argument that the college students that attend the school should get some sort of revenue sharing and that they should get paid as well. After all, they are the ones that pay for the tickets to games and make all of this happen right? They are the ones that pay for their tuitions as well and help the school make money. Why can't they get a piece of the pie? Hell, they actually have to pay for classes and actually "go to class" so these professors can get their salaries. Without them there is no football team or revenue to build these giant programs.

Why not pay the alums that dedicate their time, efforts, and income to the school and the program every year? They are the ones that have helped and been loyal to these programs as well. Why not allow them to get some of the revenue too?

I could make a ton of arguments for why so and so need to be paid. However, college football and all college sports has been successful and has grown all these years under the current system where they aren't paid and where they get a free education and college experience. But I guess a free education isn't worth a damn these days to the self entitled.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote