View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #177
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 42676 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Your observation is on the money. Do I believe Foster took money from Tenn? YES! For food OR rent? NO!
That sums up what I think. The story about needing food and clothes sound good, but an average student poor or not will have food or money for food. Depends on the student, but usually mama, auntie, church and neighbors are going to see to it that their local hero will get the care package. I think this would especially be the case if that's all the family has to contribute toward the person's education. Also, a good athlete will need only to show up at many establishments and somehow that check will be taken care of. Now, if clothing meant a new pair of Jordan's every two months, then perhaps a little hush money helped, but that's a want and not a need.

However, in Arian's statement he mentioned choosing between paying rent or buy food. That sounds like he wasn't on full scholarship, and if true, why would it be an issue if someone gave him money to supplement his living expenses.

If I had been in the same situation, I would have thought it best to not share the information, but if on the other hand I thought the world needed to know, I would simply say I did accept the money because it was available and I took it, save the hard luck reason.

Arian is an excellent running back and exciting to watch, but he is beginning to remind me more of Tiki Barber. By that JMHO no one can deny the talent, but the personality is a little unsettling.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote