View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #44
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 225351 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to infantrycak
Default Re: Texans draft 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Things are sweet when BPA=Need.

I wanted Clay Matthews over Cushing as BPA when he was drafted. Pass rusher over MLB. Plus Matthews gene lines showed he was more likely to stay healthy. Even after Cushing was drafted I wanted Rick to trade back into the 1st rd and pick Matthews. Of course Rick waited and took Barwin in the 2nd. (I was high on Barwin too) and we see how that turned out. The Texans are still looking for a high end pass rusher today.

Who did you want Cushing or Matthews?
Just like I thought during that draft, it was and is a toss up. I certainly would have cheered a move to get both.

Cushing was not drafted to be MLB. He played OLB his 1st two seasons including going to the pro-bowl and being named defensive rookie of the year at OLB over Matthews.