View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #43
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans draft 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Total BS. Being a position of need does not preclude someone from also being BPA such as Cushing. And there is no led to believe. Picking the worst result, Okoye was all over the place listed as value at our pick with a significant number of people ranking him to go before us.

Spare the silly false comparison. EVERY single GM in the league considers both BPA and need.
Things are sweet when BPA=Need.

I wanted Clay Matthews over Cushing as BPA when he was drafted. Pass rusher over MLB. Plus Matthews gene lines showed he was more likely to stay healthy. Even after Cushing was drafted I wanted Rick to trade back into the 1st rd and pick Matthews. Of course Rick waited and took Barwin in the 2nd. (I was high on Barwin too) and we see how that turned out. The Texans are still looking for a high end pass rusher today.

Who did you want Cushing or Matthews?
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote