View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #164
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72184 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rey View Post
Don't know if this has been mentioned but at the end of every year you go into your coaches office and he tells you whether or not you'll have your scholarship renewed. I've seen upper class men have their scholarships yanked. Obviously, that's devastating. These are year deals and not all colleges will be kind hearted and keep you around if you're of no use to them. Not only should guys be paid but they should be able to sell autographs and accept gifts.

There is no argument for competitive balance. 5 star recruits aren't going to holeinthewall state anyways. The schools with the best facilities and the most money are already getting the best recruits. Need to stop pretending. College football is extremely profitable. More of that money should go to the guys actually making it so.
I'm all for athletes making $$$$ off autographis. It's theirs and they should profit off of them. I'm not for changing the baseline. The reason football has to make all of this $$$$ for all of the court ordered non funded sports.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote