View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #70
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 107872 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kaepernick or Wilson were a Texan would they be the starting QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texecutioner View Post
Well, I just think that Kubiak likes Schaub because Schaub is a "yes man." He will do whatever Kubiak says and wants and is very under "his control." Schaub doesn't try to deviate from his game plan or improvise which is what a lot of QB's have to do now days more then anything. I don't think that Kubiak trusts Schaub to do a whole lot either which bothers me, because if he is going to be your guy then why not allow him to do a little bit more on his own since he has been in this system for a long time and Schaub is a pretty seasoned vet. I think Kubiak has his plays that he likes and he doesn't really like to adapt away from it depending on who we're playing or what the system of the other team's defense is. I think that Gary has his system and he runs that system the way he plans going into a game and he won't deviate from that plan no matter what circumstances are in a game. And Schaub listens, and Gary likes that.

Now, Kaepernick and Wilson are two great talents. But would they have ever gotten a real chance if they were on this team? THere has never really been an open competition at QB for Schaub. Not that there has been hardly anyone to really compete for it until this off season, but I don't think that Gary has any care in the world to even look.
Gary would never take chances like the Harbaugh's did last yr. It's not in Gary's DNA. So to answer your question, no chance in hades of Wilson/Kap starting in Houston.

Gary not taking chances/playing favorites (Coach Joe must Go) is why the Texans will never win a Lombardi under Gary. All of the Texans need to wear their letter jackets to Sundays including BoB/Gary/Rick and Olsen need to wear them too when the team is on the road. Rah Rah LOL
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote