View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #69
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 27943 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: If Kaepernick or Wilson were a Texan would they be the starting QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
we've been over this subject ad nauseum..all im trying to do is point out the double standard fans have with schaub to show that it doesnt matter what metric we use to grade him.....fans will always dislike him and put at least 2-3 others above him based on nothing more than the infallible "eye test"..
Well said bro. How does that expression go again, something like, "haters gonna hate".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls on Parade View Post
I think part of the problem is the fact those people know we passed up on the likes of Ben Roethlisberger (Dunta Robinson), Aaron Rodgers (Travis Johnson) and even Joe Flacco (traded down for Duane Brown). All three quarterbacks have won at least one Super Bowl and multiple for Big Ben.

They realize the agony that was the David Carr era and while they appreciate Matt Schaub's effort in what is now his 7th season as a Texan, I think the panic meter has grown to a sense of urgency. We want to see Matt Schaub lead us to the promise land especially while most of us would agree this team is stacked on both sides of the ball.

I think the pressure on Matt Schaub isn't quite what it is compared to what Tony Romo faces in Dallas, but it really should be because of the talent Schaub has. I'd be lying if I told you there was a team out there with more talent than the Texans. I'm not even homering. And even if I could find a few it would be a handful at best, as in five or less.

Injuries aside, there is no reason why the Texans can't win it all this year. It's Super Bowl or Bust in my eyes. I believe a lot of people feel the same way as I do.
Did those guys win Super Bowls on our team? Because it's definitely not the same thing. What if I told you that I believed Matt Schaub could win a Super Bowl on the Seahawks? It would mean nothing. Also, obviously everyone screwed up passing on ARod, but last time I checked Matt Flynn looked pretty damn good in GB too and has been replaced by nobodies (at the time) everywhere he went after. I don't want to turn this into a ARod is product of the system debate though because I believe he's one of the best regardless, just making a point about different QBs on different teams

As for Matt Ryan the biggest difference is he had monsters at every position, greatest TE of all time. One of the best WRs over the last 8 years, one of the brightest phenoms at WR coming up. And even Michael Turner (until last year) was averaging 4+ YPC and 10-17 TDs a year. This offense means you can't double ANYONE. Schaub just got his chance at this offense with Hopkins in town now opening the field for OD, Dre, and the run game. Through 2 games ( I know this is about to be a stretch ) he's on pace for 5100 yards and 48 TDs. LOL. This is the year Schaub shows he's better than Matt Ryan and everyone else minus the elite 4 (statistically of course).

With that all said, I hear you and agree, this is the year. I had us slated for AFC ship game this year, when it gets to that point just about anything can happen, hopefully Texans Super Bowl.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote