View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #150
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 122673 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

College players are always going to get paid illegaly. By paying them legaly all you are doing is changing the baseline. Not to mention the title 9 implications for paying male athletes.

The NCAA isn't perfect, but I can see why the NCAA does things the way they do. Players in the major sports would probably alreadly be getting paid if it wasn't for title 9 implications.

BTW, poor athletes do get Pell grant $$$$$ each semester. When I went to school it was around $1000 a semester. I imagine that amount has gone up. The parties were great when the guys got their Pell grant $$$$ in.
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote