View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #67
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 57907 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who does Nuk remind you of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
& I must be missing it, 'cause I can't remember. I know he had a crossing route he turned into a 21 yard gainer... but nothing else I can think of as a memorable play.
Well then you haven't been paying much attention to him or his receptions..(because they haven't just been "jump balls"). Speaking of which, I really don't understand your criticism of his ability to "go up and get it" or your multiple posts talking about how we have to design our offense to just throw "jump balls" to him to make him productive in the stat category. That's completely false. You're taking one of his strengths and trying to make it a weakness for arguments' sake, when that argument doesn't even exist.

Quote:
I thought I saw his 40 as a 4.41, he just doesn't look that fast. When KeShawn shook that defender & sprinted up field..... that looked fast (4.34).
The site I use and a site that never fails me is NFL draft scout.. anytime you want to view what a player posted, google their name with NFL draft scout. They give you the combine #s and the pro day #s. For instance NFL.com has DeAndre running a 4.57 at the combine and that's completely false. That's what he ran at his pro day. He ran a 4.51 at the combine, which I have ABSOLUTELY NO PROBLEM WITH. I'm no longer a "40 time guy" after watching Arian Foster out run DBs (who posted 4.3-4.4 times) with a posted 4.69. Rarely does a NFL player ever get to run unattested 40 yards down the field in a straight line. Seriously, I no longer give a crap about track stars.. I want football players who produce and that is DeAndre Hopkins. I've seen this team waste enough picks on "track stars"

Quote:
He's having a great year, don't get me wrong. I'm just not seeing the fundamentals that you see in Megatron, Andre, Fitz..... all the good ones. He doesn't remind me of any of them.
Are you confusing "fundamentals" with raw athletic talent"... I can't speak for CJ, because I didn't follow him in that draft or follow his team, but I do remember Fitz being one of the most polished receivers to come out in some time. However as blasphemous as this might sound. Coming out.. DeAndre Hopkins is WAY more "fundamentally" sound than AJ EVER WAS as a rookie. I went through the dark days and Dre was a saving grace, but the reason why he was a physical beast who was drafted behind the bust that was Charles Rodgers is because he was viewed as as a raw (all be it "beast") prospect.. and it showed early on.

Andre wasn't always the best pass catcher or route runner. Early on he was just a beast who David Carr who throw a screen pass to against the titans and expect 10 yards.. Early on, people forget a LOT of easy dropped passes. Athletic ability aside, between Hopkins and Johnson from day 1... Hopkins is EASILY the more pro ready WR and I think even Dre himself would tell you that.

Last edited by Carr Bombed; 09-21-2013 at 09:40 AM.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote