Thread: AJ McCarron
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #27
steelbtexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 88167 steelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respectedsteelbtexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: AJ McCarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
I think we're all adults here, for the most part, that we can all agree Kubiak is the one who would sign off, if that where the case. AJ embodies everything Gary values, both on & off the field. That goes a long way despite what ANY OF US MAY FEEL regarding his transition to next level. I think in that sense he would fit like a glove in this offense & would benefit a couple years because Matt is going NOWHERE SOON.

He is fundamentally sound, can take snaps under center, runs the bootleg, intelligent reads through his progressions, decent pocket awareness, lacks a strong arm but seems to release the ball well with good accuracy. Texans also like coach Sabin coaching & teaching his young player to develop leadership & character like professionals, that's why year in & year out Alabama has the one of if not the top recruiting classes in the country.

I will sign off with rmartin65 & badboy that AJ MCCarron is a very legitimate first round target in the 2014 draft for the Texans.
I could see McCarron being the Texans 1st rd pick next yr. Especially if Schaub's foot gives him problems this yr. McCarron can make all of the throws.

Saban is a great HC, but you give him too much credit on the character thingy. (ReLondo McClain sp?)
steelbtexan is offline   Reply With Quote