View Single Post
Old 09-21-2013   #126
DocBar
Hall of Fame

Section: Channel 700-ish on NFL Sunday Ticket
Rep Power: 100454 DocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respectedDocBar is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

If this BS becomes a distraction, I don't like it. If it doesn't, I don't care. I don't particularly agree that a good college football player's education, room and board equate to the vast amount of revenue generated by their play. The biggest issue is what happens to a player who suffers a career ending injury in college. What happens to his full ride and the rest of his life, when he's a cripple, can't work for a living, and lost his only route to an education by being injured?

Since the Olympics accept professional athletes now, what's the big deal about amateur status?

Regardless, there are countless points of view. I earned my education through night courses and distance learning. I held down a full time job, often working 70-84 hours a week. Some have had it harder. My brother worked for almost 8 years getting his degree and he doesn't even work in the field it's in.