View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #119
Bulls on Parade
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33797 Bulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respectedBulls on Parade is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

I was listening to a RC Slocum interview on 1560 AM The Game, and during the conversation I heard Texas A&M received $740 million dollars in recent donations and pledges during the past year? It's hard to pinpoint how much exactly the football program is responsible for earning the University, but I'm sure it was a hefty percentage. You don't just increase by $300 million out of the blue. Not even the University of Texas in Austin has raised $740 million in one year.

That's a crazy amount for any University to haul in. The least they can do is pay student athletes a couple hundred bucks to buy some groceries for the week? I can't blame Johnny Manziel if he made a lot of profit signing his autographs on various items. Texas A&M sure isn't going to apologize for marketing him as a cash cow.

But that being said, it's understandable why Arian Foster accepted the money in college. He really needed it. I think Johnny Manziel comes from a rich family so his case is a little different.