View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #12
drs23 
Veteran

Section: No more VIP suite so back to the recliner
Rep Power: 82342 drs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrs23 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Wednesday Injury Report: Texans vs. Ravens

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger View Post
Hip pointers are typically not serious long-lasting injuries. But they can be very painful and tender. They are either a "bruise" of the periosteum (cover of the bone) of the iliac (pelvic) crest/brim, or a tear of one or more of the muscle tendon fibers that attach to the bone. The periosteum cover carries within it an extensive network of very sensitive sensory nerves.

Their effects are only limited by the amount of pain the player is handed and how much he can endure . Depending on severity, it will usually take anywhere from 1-3 weeks until pre-injury performance level is re-instated. Even moderately painful and tender hip (pelvic rim) pointers can temporarily be injected with Xylocaine and heavily padded to allow a player to play with a semblance of reasonable performance. If it is very severe, it will probably take 2-3 weeks to be able to return at all.

At this time, I would not totally rule out Rice playing after being well-injected and "dressed" like a Thanksgiving turkey.

Yummy for Ray Rice then. That looks like creole butter, garlic & herb. My favorite!

Many thanks to sig Guru FS!

Sent from my keyboard using short, fat fingers.
drs23 is offline   Reply With Quote