View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #85
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Athletes also don't have to pay $60k a year for tuition and costs.
Neither does anyone else on scholarship and as ObsiWan points out that includes non-athletes (for instance coincidental to his comment, I had a full ride physics scholarship to UT).

Quote:
Sure, if you want these kids to get a stipend, I'm all for it as long as they eliminate the full-ride, housing, meal plan, etc. In that sense, I'm sure the benefits they receive outweigh any stipend they'll be receiving from the university.
Why? You are missing the whole point of scholarships which is to have the person focus on the subject (including athletics) which the school is encouraging.