View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #79
ObsiWan
Contributor

Rep Power: 112650 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Back to my previous point, what makes the athlete's struggle any different than any other student's? I mentioned personally knowing students that have had to work and go to school in order to pay for the necessities. They worked very hard, if not harder, than most college athletes I know. The athletes already have many perks. Free food, housing, etc.
If I'm on a physics scholarhip and I want to make money on the side tutoring math or freshman physics I can. Can a football or basketball player "legally" hold a make money by holding a football or basketball camp?? Hell, I bet they can't even "legally" get paid to participate in someone else's football or basketball camp.

I worked at UPS all through college myself but would a football coach or basketball coach let his star QB or point guard make extra money by working an extra job? A real job... you know what I mean...

And between classes, practice time, working out, and studying his playbook, when would there be time for a side job?

I'm all for a system that provides some sort of stipend or some compensation for the money that these kids bring to the school.

Now what an equitable -to the kids and to the school - system ought to look like... I'm still working on that part.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote