View Single Post
Old 09-20-2013   #77
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Foster admits to taking money in college

Quote:
Originally Posted by CretorFrigg View Post
Back to my previous point, what makes the athlete's struggle any different than any other student's? I mentioned personally knowing students that have had to work and go to school in order to pay for the necessities. They worked very hard, if not harder, than most college athletes I know. The athletes already have many perks. Free food, housing, etc.
Students who get jobs for money get ... money.

Athletes who work a whole extra job do not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
If the NCAA opens the floodgates to pay football players, I have no doubt someone will take it to court to pay ALL college athletes. And while it can be argued that football brings the revenue so those athletes should reap the rewards (beyond free school, food, housing, etc.), the same logic of Title 9 will most likely be applied to all sports.
I wasn't suggesting they get paid by the university but how about make the rules the same for all student athletes? If they can teach in the summer time or outside of football season then let them just like tennis players.